Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Viva La Vida

Well, the results of this past-weeks poll are in, and the majority of you apparently love Egg Nog. Good for you! We also had a couple votes for "I might take a sip", and one vote for "I would rather eat my own sneeze". To that unidentified soul I say, seek for help.

This past week came with some good times. We are nearing the end of our semester, so school and homework are out of control. We are taking a class called "Art Symposium", and are requried to attend cultural events as part of the class. Me and Britt are taking it together, so we attend these different things together. Last Wednesday was the "Canadian Somethin Something Ballet"(don't quite remember the title), so we put on our best shoes and headed to the theater. About 3 minutes in, I realized I had purchased a ticket to prison. I was hoping for the slightest bit of entertainment, but from the opening scene, I knew we were in trouble. So after about an hour of this, me and Brittany both decided it would be best if we took our services elsewhere. So we got up and left.

Thursday night we threw a party for the Sunday school class that we teach. We teach all of the 12-18 year olds in our ward, which is only about 7 kids. Two of the kids decided to remove their shoes AND socks once entering our house. We are still attempting to rid our home of the smelly wave of horribleness that filled every corner of our house as a result. They were instructed immediately to put back on their footwear. Anyway, we ordered some pizza, played some games, and it was Thursday night so we watched “The Office”! If you didn’t get to see last weeks episode, I’m thinking it was the best one of the year so far.

Friday we had a visit from Danny and Bre, some friends from the Salt Lake area. We had a lot of fun! We went out to dinner to a local Mexican place called “CafĂ© Sabor”. We played Balderdash, my absolute favorite game on this blue marble, and watched about 15 minutes of “Baby Mama” before everybody fell asleep.



Then to end the week, we had Jordan and Haley, some friends from up here, over for dinner. We then went with them over to another couples house for a little family night thing that we are starting. We get together with 7 or 8 other young married couples, have a little spiritual thought and then play games and eat sugar. It was great! We played some game called “Mafia”? And in so doing, found out that I am the absolute worst Mafia contestant in our nation.

I would like to end this week’s session by saying, we have had a extremely low 2 comments left on our blog…..that’s a little humbling. For those of you who don’t know, you can click on comments and the bottom of each blog and write us a little something! We’d love to hear from you!

How bout them Utes! Wohoo!

The HeApErS

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You want a comment. I got your commment right here. Life is fun when you are a newlywed. It sounds like you guys are having a great time(other than school and work and Sunday School class parties). I wish I was young again.
Old Heapsy

Todd and Brittany Heaps said...

Mr. Brad Heaps you got it all wrong... I heard from a "wise old source" QUOTE: It all goes downhill after the honeymoon :P ha jk pretty sure we're at the top of the hill, I LOVE YOUR SON!!! Love the heaps to :) xoxo

melissa said...

I promise i'm commenting only for the soul purpose of you guys being able to have 3 comments...there is nothing better in this life then seeing you have another comment. and i have to say, when it said that brad left a comment, i thought a flying pig hit our apt window and my husband actually stepped into the blogging world, but of course..it ended up being your father. But hey, NEWLYWED LIFE IS THE BEST...we still consider ourselves newlyweds, because we still feel like we're dating...umm. have fun guys, we miss you!

Unknown said...

So, I was going to be the first one to comment, but I obviously didn't make it. But we love your blog. It makes us laugh. Let's go sledding during Christmas va-ac

Anonymous said...

Well, Grandma is getting an education on all this new fangled technology!! I think I figured out how to send you a comment. Your "blog" is very funny! You make me laugh! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

paige and jord said...

i found your guys' blog! its paige and jord (the stapes!).. i seriously GUESSED your address, and lo and behold, i guessed correctly! lets keep in touch :)
(see you on sunday!?!)

Unknown said...

new post...new post...new post...